This article is for SCHOOL MANAGEMENT and TEACHERS.
Using Snapplify Engage, schools can enjoy the time-saving benefits of digital purchasing, whether you are ordering hardcopy books, ebooks, or both.
Your school can also save time by getting a Snapplify Authorised Bookseller to manage your prescribed book order setup.
Preparing for purchasing
- If you’re ordering any hardcopy books, make sure you have enabled hardcopy book purchases in Engage.
- Then, whether you’re ordering hardcopy or digital books (or both!), set up your prescribed book lists in Engage – this is the foundation of your prescribed book order. You'll only have to do it once, then you can simply update these as needed.
- Once this has been done, set up user groups.
- Then, link specific user groups to each list, so that students and teachers get allocated the correct books.
- Your final step is to publish your prescribed list.
Prescribed lists are used for groups. If individual teachers need books to be bought for them by their institution, please consider using retail requests rather than prescribed lists. Retail requests need to be enabled for relevant users.
If you’re ordering ebooks, you’ll be able to make use of Snapplify's Early Access feature, which gives your students and teachers immediate, automatic access to their books once they have downloaded and logged in to the Snapplify Reader application on their devices.
Whether your school is purchasing books on behalf of students, or whether parents will be buying books for their children, payments for books are simple with Snapplify.
- If you’re ordering hardcopy books, the deadline for orders will be set by your school’s preferred bookseller. Find out more about the delivery process here.
- If you’re ordering ebooks, you have until 31 January to finalise and pay for your order – regardless of who is making payment.
If your school is buying the books:
If parents are buying the books:
- Notify your parents of the procurement process for next year using this email template.
- Parents will follow this simple process to make payment for their children's books.
It’s really as simple as that. In a few easy steps, you can tick textbook purchasing off your to-do list for another year.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.