This article is for TEACHERS.
If your school has signed up for Scholastic Literacy Pro, there are a few things you'll need to do to ensure that you can monitor students' literacy skills and reading progress, and that your students and their parents are all set to use the program.
Use this checklist as a guide on what to do next.
Next steps for teachers
- Enrol in the Literacy Pro Course and complete it at your own pace
- Understand how Literacy Pro helps to grow a reading community at your school.
- Understand Lexile levels.
- Read the Literacy Pro Educator's guide to learn how reading levels are determined.
- Sign in to Scholastic Literacy Pro.
- Select a class in Engage to launch Literacy Pro.
- View proficiency benchmarks.
- Schedule and run a Lit Pro Test to establish student Lexile levels.
- Confirm that students have their reading lists after taking the Lit Pro Test.
- Review Lit Pro Test results and run the Reading Proficiency report for each class.
- Create instructional groups according to the Reading Proficiency report.
- Check that students can find books from their lists or the search tab.
- Inform parents about their child's Lexile level and how they can support reading growth.
- Check the Alerts report to monitor student behaviour that needs attention.
- Assign quizzes to students to test their comprehension of setwork titles or books they have read
- Customise settings for Lit Pro tests, books quizzes, and criteria for student award certificates on a class or student level, if needed.
Teachers can also refer to the Scholastic Literacy Pro user guide and Literacy Pro Toolkit for teachers to find useful information and resources.
Click the 'Toolkit' button on the dashboard in Literacy Pro to find helpful resources for teachers.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.