This article is for ADMINISTRATORS.
As an administrator for your educational institution, using the advanced search in the ‘Users’ section of Engage can be a useful way for you to maintain your database from term to term and on an annual basis.
The advanced search function is particularly helpful to break down users into groups that share similar criteria, like user role (Admin, Librarian, Teacher, Finance, Learner), grade or groups.
This is useful when you need to bulk-archive users who have left the educational institution – like all Grade 7s or Grade 12s from the previous year – or update grade levels year on year.
You may also need to amend student groups based on Engage groups they are members of, such as reviewing and moving students between higher and standard grade based on what level of support they need for particular subjects.
In order to be able to update user information, you will need to have the Admin role for your school's Engage platform.
Using the advanced search feature
To make edits to user information, using the advanced search feature:
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to the settings section by clicking the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Using the dashboard on the left-hand side of your screen, navigate to 'Users'.
- You can use the search bar at the top of this page to search for individual users.
- To look for multiple users based on specific search criteria, click ‘Advanced’ next to the search bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Here, you can refine your search by including the relevant search information.
- To look for mutiple users based on specific enrollment criteria, use the enrollment status section to review users who may or may not be in a group, class or grade
You can also ensure no one has been left off theri group by using the Not in group serach option
- Once your search results are displayed below the search box section, you can select specific users using the tick boxes on the left-hand side (or use the universal selector at the top to select all users in your filtered search).
- Once you’ve made your user selection, use the bulk action buttons at the top of the screen to make changes to these profiles, such as permission (user role) and grade.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.