This article is for ADMINISTRATORS.
If you have a lot of users that need to be added to a group at once, you can do this swiftly and easily in Engage with just a few steps.
Before you get started
Engage users can have multiple permission types. Both teachers and administrators can add and edit groups, but only users with ‘Admin’ (administrator) permissions can assign users to a group in bulk.
The specific groups need to be set up before you can assign users to it.
Bulk-assigning users to a group
To add a lot of users to a group in one go:
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to the settings section by clicking the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, navigate to 'Users'.
- Select the relevant users by selecting the tick boxes next to each name.
If you have grade or class set for specific users, you can also use Advanced Search (click ‘Advanced’ next to the search bar) to filter by grade or class. Once you've filtered a list, you can use the universal selector (the first tick box at the top of your user list) to select all users in your filtered search.
- Once you’ve selected the right users, click the yellow ‘Assign Group’ button towards the top of the page.
- Type in the name of your group and click ‘Save’.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.