This article is for LIBRARIANS.
Once your institution’s account balance is loaded in Engage, your librarian and/or users can purchase books for your digital library.
Purchases may be made by all library patrons or only by your librarian, depending on your institution’s preferred purchasing type.
- Learn more about how library licences work.
- Learn how to check the number of licences your institution owns for a specific ebook.
Purchasing books for your digital library is a simple process that can be done per book or in bulk.
To purchase individual ebooks
- Navigate to 'Library' when logged in to Engage.
- Browse the list of available ebooks or search for a specific title using the search bar at the top of the page. Snapplify’s curated Collections, Favourites, and Recommended sections can be especially helpful ( learn more about navigating your digital library here).
- Click the ‘Add’ button.
Note that if your library is set to ‘ Librarian purchasing’, student users (patrons) who do not have librarian permissions can click the ‘Request Book’ button instead. If they request a book, the librarian will receive a notification and decide whether to approve or deny the transaction.
- The book is now owned by the institution for the licence period.
- Learn how to purchase multiple copies of the same book.
- To purchase ebooks in bulk, contact our Curation team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you a proposed library book list to suit your students and budget.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.