This article is for TEACHERS or STUDENTS.
Being able to share a link to a specific location in an ebook or resource is an important tool for both teachers and students.
You can use this feature to direct your class to a particular page for that day’s lesson; refer your teacher to specific content so that you can ask a question; or make sure your study group is revising the right material at the same time.
When someone (e.g. your teacher or a student) has shared one of these links with you, all you need to do is click/tap on the link and you’ll be directed to the specific page of the ebook/resource in your Snapplify Reader app. You’ll never need to say, ‘Turn to page 394,’ again!
Make sure you have the latest version of the Snapplify Reader installed on your device.
Sharing a link to a specific page
- Open the ebook/ resource in the Snapplify Reader.
- Navigate to the specific page/location you want to share.
- Click/tap the ‘Share’ icon.
- Copy the share location to your clipboard, or share it via email to other users.
Opening a link to a specific page
- Once you receive the link, click/tap on it.
- If you are using a desktop device, you will be directed to the title-specific page in your browser. Click the ‘Open in Reader’ button on this page to open the link in your Snapplify Reader app. If you are using a mobile or tablet device, the Snapplify Reader app should launch as you tap on the link.
- The title will automatically open at the specific location in your Snapplify Reader app.
You may need to take additional steps before being able to open the shared link on the specific page in the app:
If the relevant title (ebook or resource) has been added to your account but you have not yet downloaded it in your Snapplify Reader app, the title will download (make sure you are connected to the internet) and then open to the specific location.
If the relevant title (ebook or resource) has not been allocated to your account, you will be notified that you do not have access to this title. You will need to purchase it or check it out from your Engage library (ask your teacher how to gain access to the title if needs be) before being able to download it to your reader.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.